Friday, August 10, 2012

10 Reasons to Adopt a Senior Dog


I am a strong advocate for people who adopt older dogs. Nothing makes me sadder than seeing an old dog with white nose, after a life of pure loyalty to a person or family suddenly confused and abandoned in a shelter. Nothing makes me smile like seeing a neighbor walk by slowly and patiently, with an older dog that is not as agile as it used to be.

So here are my ten reasons to adopt an older dog:

1. Older dogs have been trained. No puddles on the floor. Do not chew cords. Sometimes they come in already knowing a surprising number of tricks. For example, my arches Callie if you say "Show respect."

2. Older dogs tend to date with their vaccinations and already spayed or neutered.

3. Older dogs know what "no" means. The fact is, if I had not learned it would not have lived so long. Then the old man is a dog, most likely, the best performance.Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment